View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie1702 View Post
ONE feature is all it takes, and even though I appreciate Ken Case's investment into the future with his move to create a suite of software for the iPad - and I agree with him when he says large touch screens are the future. If only this one feature of 'tagging' were to be added to OF, it would allow so many minds out there to finally be at rest.
This "ONE feature" is not as easy to implement as one may think. There will be future implications that must be considered before adding a major feature such as tagging..... The underlying database structure and engine must take into account the flexible world of tagging. A user interface must also be considered. Tagging is a complex beast to tame. If used sparingly, it is a great and powerful tool. But if abused, it can just lend more complication to any program and your GTD setup in particular.

This "ONE feature" has created monster threads with a lot of passion and emotions involved. I would rather have the Omni-folks take their time and get it done right than just dash out a tagging feature.

Yes, I'm disappointed that I won't get to see OF 2.0 sooner. But I will use my current OF setup until whenever OF 2.0 comes out. My life goes on regardless of Omni's plans.

OF 1.x is also the most important tool in my daily life. But some others may find the other Omni programs as more important. For project managers, they might see OmniPlan as more essential because of the nature of their work. Or perhaps OmniOutliner is more crucial for writers.

We'll just have to wait in line for OF 2.0. Everybody will get served at the dining table eventually.