View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverobeson View Post
The linked article has this to say about pricing:

"Case anticipates the cost of the iPad apps to be within 40 percent of the Mac software's pricing."

Am I really tired or is that not entirely clear? (Either is possible right now.) Do they mean ABOUT 40 percent of the Mac software price (which for OF would be ~ $32) or do they really mean WITHIN 40 percent (which would put it in the 60% range, or ~ $48)?

In either case, it sounds a little high for, as the article says, "just...a resized iPhone app" at launch. I'll pay $30 or $40 for a Mac-like layout with projects in the left pane and actions in the right, but if all it's doing at launch is correctly sizing various interface elements for portrait and landscape orientation on a larger screen, I'll wait for the iPad-specific features, thanks.
You weren't the only one left wondering about the accuracy of that remark! My hope is that the resulting product is so cool that we're happy to pay whatever the price is :-)

My expectation, based on nothing more than what I've observed Omni doing with existing products, is that while the price might seem a bit high for the very first release, substantial new features will be delivered without requesting additional payment. I'm guessing that the end of year version that is clearly a true iPad app instead of the current iPhone app in a bigger form factor is going to be covered by that initial purchase.