View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
That's great that you found those programs meet your needs. I for one tried those for a few days and scrapped them since they do not come even close (for me) meeting my needs to task management programs. I won't go into details as to where they fall short here since it will take up too much space, but judging from other posts, I'm not the only one.

Again, to each his/her own. If you find other program work for you and the price meets your need, go for it! If you think OF doesn't and it's too expensive, don't buy it. However, please do not accuse Omni for behaving badly or make inferences about their motives.
Come on. These defensive 'don't critize Omni' phrases are driving me mad in this thread. Why wouldn't I? This sounds almost like you are an Omni employee playing an incognito customer. It's really funny. You claim that OmniFocus is superior to other products, yet you are trying hard to find a reason not list the reasons (because they of course would be too long). You claim that the Omnifocus is so much superior and that people using the cheaper apps just don't have enough to do. However, the point of my criticism is exactly that: that you can't focus with Omnifocus in the way to list the todo items efficiently, because everything is too huge, empty project items are listed, etc. etc.. There is just too much information on the screen, too little organization, and everything is just much too big. You can't concentrate on what is relevant. I wouldn't critize the price if the product was what you claim it to be, but it simply isn't.

Edit: I just learnt that there apparently should be an item "Perspective" in the OF sidebar. But I don't have it. This may make my criticism superfluos (except for the sluggish and huge UI), but I still don't know how to get this sidebar item...

Last edited by bnz; 2010-07-31 at 03:46 AM..