Thread: Power Delete!
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ext555 View Post
Maybe I'm over-simplifying it but I've looked at some of his methods and I've never really seen much that isn't accomplished with GTD and regular weekly reviews ?
I know for me personally , the only way I can keep my lists fresh and weed out the cruft , is to do regular reviews .
The only time I've built over complicated OF structures etc , is when I wasn't doing my reviews .
I agree with ext555. Many folks who are not versed in GTD don't understand the need for a weekly review and throw up some sort of mindblock about it.

I attempted SuperFocus and its predecessor AutoFocus a while back and felt like I was spinning my wheels. I kept seeing the same tasks over and over.

Seeing an ugly sheet of crossed out lines/tasks next to uncompleted tasks just made me feel icky.... Maybe it's the OCD? ;-p

The beauty of OmniFocus was that I could set review intervals. At least I know I would be able to review a project and it will come up again at a set interval (weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly).

The weekly review is the essential ingredient that is needed to keep your lists, projects, and tasks relevant. I can trust my OmniFocus system after having done a weekly review to weed out tasks/projects that have become irrelevant or demoted in priority/status/importance.

@Mark: It was a nice try. But I'm sure there are some folks that can find a use for it.