Thread: Power Delete!
View Single Post
Since you seem to know the basics of the SuperFocus system, I won't try to convert you here, but just show you how I have it set up. I'm about 75% satisfied with this, but I feel that OF (or something) would provide more automation.

The only thing not shown in the graphic is SuperFocus's idea of "column 2", which I emulate simply by flagging column 2 items (which are deemed urgent, and are required to be acted on before leaving the page).

Oh, and I keep the folders closed, except the one that I'm currently on.

All that said, one of the things I'm liking about doing this in OF, is the freedom to jump in to context view and work there. Obviously this takes me out of the SF flow, but I still treat those tasks or projects under the SF rules. In other words, if I work on a task in context mode that's in my Page 2 folder, I'll use the inspector (or a second open window) to move that item to the last open page, for later work. That way, it will continue to show up in context mode, or, if I'm in strick SF mode, it shows up when I get to it, going through in page order.

Not as complicated as it sounds! But why do all this? For me, the MOVEMENT of the task through the system is very motivating. It's a visual indicator that you're moving forward (or not!), and the system doesn't allow you to look at a page (or a context), and just say, "Oi, I can't do any of that right now." You've GOT to do something or the system rejects the task--and possibly the page!

I haven't posted a graphic here before, so I'm hoping it goes through ok.