View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutilate View Post
  1. Where are people storing project notes (ie conversations with staff, brainstorming results, progress notes, outstanding questions, etc.) associated with their projects? What are the best practices?
  2. What application are you using to store them?

Regarding the where:
  1. Should project notes be kept in a project file with all other project files (like images, web pages, PDF, etc.?
  2. Or should project notes be kept in a separate hierarchy along with all other project notes?
I keep small notes and info in the notes field in Omnifocus either on the individual action or on the project depending on what's the note is needed for.

Medium amounts of notes are now being put into a DEVONThink database in a group that syncs with my iPod Touch

Larger sets of stuff get a folder on my Mac, in DT with links on the Mac for larger docs I don't want on my handheld device and usually a paper folder as well because I usually have paper documents for large projects. If those are active projects the paper folders are in my filing cabinet with my tickler file. If they are inactive at the moment or on-hold they are in my main paper filing system, currently 3 file cabinets. In any case in the OF notes I put a comment on where any additional file or reference material can be found