View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
1) Do you need multiple columns of data, column types, or the column summary options?
No.
Quote:
2) Do you need formatting support? Or just plain text like OmniFocus for the iPhone.
Generally plain text. The basics (bold, italic, underline, colour) would be good (like Shadowplan for Palm)

And do try to give a global option of smaller text sizes so we can see more on the screen. See the iPhone app: Zeptoliner which does this:

(I can't believe how much white screen space and text leading that Apps waste on the iphone [including OmniFocus] compared to apps like Agendus and Shadowplan on the Palm that let you fit heaps of stuff in. Maybe its intrinsic in the iPhone OS and GUI guidelines - beauty reigns over function sometimes at Apple).
Quote:
3) Do you need attachment support?
No.
Quote:
4) Should it be a viewer only, or have editing capabilities?
It has to have editing capabilities. This is the problem with the iPhone right now, too much that you can view but can't change. All my Shadowplan outlines on the Palm were regularly added to or modified while "on the road". Come to think of it - I rarely edited them on the computer.
Quote:
5) What kind of syncing expectations do you have? This would be one big reason why OmniOutliner 4 needs to be developed first as OO3 is not designed for merging synced changes.
MobileMe cloud syncing like OmniFocus would be great.
Quote:
If you have any other specific expectations for the app, please let us know too. Thanks for your feedback and support!
The current iPhone/iTouch outliner Zeptoliner is probably the one I like the look of right now, but I'd rather have an iPhone Omni that syncs with MobileMe the way that OmniFocus does

Basically if you make it like Shadowplan was/is on the Palm I will write an Oratorio in your honour and perform it at sunrise at Uluru :-)

Last edited by Rockyroad; 2009-03-13 at 02:57 AM..