View Single Post
I would like to add my voice to everyone else who would like to see OO for the iPhone. I'm glad to see that there is interest in developping this product. Here are my answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
1) Do you need multiple columns of data, column types, or the column summary options?
I would like to see multiple columns of data. I often need to make multi column lists so for me, it's very well needed.

Quote:
2) Do you need formatting support? Or just plain text like OmniFocus for the iPhone.
Formatting is nice, but not a necessity. But, for long list, being able to have some kind of formatting would be very helpful.

Quote:
3) Do you need attachment support?
Not essential, but would be nice.

Quote:
4) Should it be a viewer only, or have editing capabilities? If just a viewer only, how well does the Quick Look preview/DHTML export meet your needs? (Viewing the export on the iPhone that is)
Here, I truly believe that editing capabilities is essential. For viewing, we can export the list as HTML and voilą! What is really neat with the iPhone is being able to edit the data on the fly, to be able to add or remove or change some bullet from the list. I don't see any reason to make OO for the iPhone if there is no way to edit the data.

Quote:
5) What kind of syncing expectations do you have? This would be one big reason why OmniOutliner 4 needs to be developed first as OO3 is not designed for merging synced changes.
This one goes hand in hand with 4). If we can edit the data, we need to be able to sync it back with the original file on our computer.

I hope this all makes sense.

Nelson