View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
1) Do you need multiple columns of data, column types, or the column summary options?
Yes. I often use multi columns and column types in OO, and it's really annoying that my current outliner CarbonFin doesn't support it. No need for column summaries.

Quote:
2) Do you need formatting support? Or just plain text like OmniFocus for the iPhone.
No, I would prefer to have no formatting support! Perhaps colors, but definitly no fonts or font sizes!

Quote:
3) Do you need attachment support?
Yes, but limited to URLs and Pictures. No need for music and other stuff.

Quote:
4) Should it be a viewer only, or have editing capabilities? If just a viewer only, how well does the Quick Look preview/DHTML export meet your needs? (Viewing the export on the iPhone that is)
Definitly editable! It's a must!

Quote:
5) What kind of syncing expectations do you have? This would be one big reason why OmniOutliner 4 needs to be developed first as OO3 is not designed for merging synced changes.
Syncing via iTunes, perhaps also direct in OmniOutliner 4. Syncing via web would be cool, too.
It's very important, that the files are not destroyed, if they contain anything, that is not supported by the iPhone app. E.g. if a file with different fonts will be synced with the mobile OO and synced back to my Mac, it must not loose any information, including fonts, colors, columns, attachments - wether these attributes are shown in the mobile app or not, they have to be back there and not lost!

cu, Micha

Last edited by Fareusel; 2009-04-05 at 08:06 AM..