View Single Post
So, here's the next thing I'm trying to figure out.

I have all these projects now, and under each projects I have a bunch of actions. All, or all most all of my actions have contexts, and (go me) some even have start and due dates.

Here's where the question get dangerous, because I'm going to touch, ever so lightly, on.... priority (GASP!)

I want to see all the tasks, across all the projects and contexts, that are due today. In keeping with the way I have been told OF allows me to handle priority I want to rearrange those tasks, with the ones that are most important to me at the top, and less important at the bottom. This is the "as many levels of priority" as there are actions, that Ken noted in the already infamous Priority thread.

I watched the short movie on perspectives, and it seems as if that's the tool I need to make this happen, but so far I haven't been able to get the view I'm looking for. The issue that I'm dealing with is that I can not rearrange actions across the range of projects I want to work on in any given day. Each action stays in it's own project. So my first action of the day might be in project X, my next two in project Y, and the fourth in project Z. The thing is I don't want to see the projects, just the actions.

Thinking of it here I wonder if I have failed to implement the context correctly. If I had put all of these actions under the same context (like Work) I could sort by context view and get them all, then arrange them as I like. Of course, some of them are phone calls, some are email, some are other. If I put the phone calls under the context of Work they won't show up when I'm sitting at Starbucks and think I could get a few phone calls taken care of.