View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
I don't think anyone really knows except the OS X developers at Apple. And anyone with reliable inside information is likely going to keep it to themselves.

Having said that, though, I would be very surprised if the OS X team at Apple hadn't at least considered the idea. So who knows? Personally, I don't think we'll see it in Snow Leopard, but maybe 10.7.

As for OpenMeta, this thread puts wide developer acceptance in question. It's not clear if important design issues are being addressed.

-Dennis
Just a note: The developer of Default Folder X is fully supporting OpenMeta and posted a lengthy monologue on his reasons why at this link: http://ironicsoftware.com/community/...page=1#Item_19

We have been waiting for a solution to this problem for a long time and now was the time for us to do something. We are building a robust, stable, and application-independent system for every developer to be able to use. We look forward to any participation from the awesome folks at OmniGroup if they decide to support this initiative.

Cheers!