View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arild View Post
I can see that this thread has been spun for more than a year, but it should not end up with a Taskpaper recommendation:

Yes, a simple outliner for the iphone would be fantastic!
Sync on desktop could be something you set for each file/document.

Hope someone in Omni not to busy with the iPad is still subscribing to this... I respect the decision to focus on the iPad, but the phone is really my mobile device where I need a simple way to collect data and arrange them swiftly.
OmniFocus is a quite workable, not perfect but workable solution as an outliner for now. It syncs between my Mac, iPod touch and iPad, so at least I needn't jump through hoops or use some awful "cloud" app. Unless something is capable of syncing between all my devices, I won't use it.

I hope Omni IS focussing on the iPad AND churning out all the apps they've listed (OmniFocus being first in line after OmniGraffle). OmniFocus on the Mac DOES need a lot of GUI tuning, so hopefully they're hard at work on that as well.

Luckily it looks as though Apple has found a reasonable, if clunky, solution for syncing document-centric apps (iWork) vs. database-centric apps (OF), so the doc-centric OmniOutliner should be less painful to build for the iPad/iPhone.

For Omni, I think it's important that they build their apps for BOTH the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad. The iPad truly is a game changer in many respects (for those who GET IT), so ensuring that their apps work seamlessly between Mac OS X and iOS (an end-to-end solution) is in everyone's best interest.