View Single Post
I don't know, but I'm sorry to say I've mostly put aside OW for FF 2 lately. Why?

-- For me, FF is faster on my new Macbook Pro and on the Mac Pro at work. I don't get it either, OW 5.5 was a speed champ on my old PBG4.
-- Ad blocking is faster and more comprehensive using AdBlock Plus
-- I can easily add functionality I like using extensions, such as gestures
-- I do web design and development for a living, and like having the web developer toolbar, Firebug, FireFTP, and HTML Tidy extensions
-- I like having the "normal" tabs across the top, plus "proper" tab functionality (i.e. close tab, go back to its parent; close last tab, tab bar goes away)
-- predictive Google search field
-- easy dragging of images from web page to desktop (without needing a modifier key)
-- better Ajax support
-- more compatible with more web sites

What I miss from OW:
-- nicer text rendering
-- native form widgets (although I've minimized this issue with Firefoxy)
-- Cocoa UI elements
-- Site preferences
-- Web Inspector

OW just looks and feels nicer, but I find I really want page loading/rendering speed and accuracy, and confidence in support for all the "web 2.0" features being added to web sites out there. I also find I don't miss the visual tabs and like the option of compact "traditional" tabs.

I still keep checking on this forum and for updates, hoping OW will update webkit and have more state-of-the-art support for Ajax and such, as well as speed improvements and more user customization options.