View Single Post
15 minutes is just a number that might give you enough time to get eyeballs on the most pressing projects without taking up too much of that prime creative time. If it isn't a huge block of time, maybe the same "I don't want to/can't spend any more time on this than absolutely necessary" pressure you feel at the end of a long day will make you more efficient? Do the most important parts first so you have a clear vision for the day, and adjust the length if you find you need more or less. My morning review is mostly checking to see what is due today, what is starting today, what is still on my flagged list, which approximates important work in progress, and a look at the calendar to see what blocks of time I have available. Actual reviewing of projects I tend to do in the evening, and when I have small bits of time.

Search the forums for "prime number review" and you should turn up some stuff by Curt Clifton and some elaboration by me on the variable review cycle idea. DA is assuming you are working on paper, but with a computer to help, it becomes more practical to review different projects at different intervals. You can spread the work out so you only rarely have to review everything at once (your big picture reviews).