View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
Thanks for the feedback, folks - I did want to point out that you can rotate your iPad to portrait to keep this particular bit of UI out of your way until you need it.

Of course if you feel strongly about this and would like to propose a change, we're happy to receive your feedback - just send it to us ninjas and we be sure it gets filed where our UI team can see it.
Haha, that's some answer. Rotate it into portrait and you won't see it anymore? That's almost like admitting it's ugly. Furthmore, when you need tp input actions, you'll run into it again.

Why doesn't omnigroup just use the iPhone icons? Or hire a developer with some good taste to give OF for iPad a bit of a facelift?

I'm sorry to sound so harsh, but my criticism comes from a place of love. I have higher standards for Omnigroup! This is one of the centralized elements in your GUI, and it's pretty hard to debate that it is anything other than a bit sloppy. Most people will either say they don't like it, or that it doesn't bother them, but I doubt few would say "hey, I like the inconsistent, generic look of these icons "

Look at your competitors Omnigroup. Your app may be the most functional, but theirs are much more visually appealing (a stunning todo). And by adding a few features here or there, theirs will become better looking, cheaper, ad eventually as functional.

I love OF for iPhone and Mac, and I expect better out of OF for iPad! These icons are just sloppy. Please fix them (I'll forward this to your ninja email

Last edited by doodiebrad; 2010-10-22 at 07:07 AM..