View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmilovan View Post
Hi all,

Just reviewing my GTD process and I got to this: David Allen says that Calendar should contain: fixed appointments, day related items and day related information.

Syncing with iCal by context don't provide this since flags and not contexts are used to mark day related items. So I would like to suggest a feature where you can choose to sync only flagged items.

This way we could flag all that *have* to be done today by flagging, transfer that to calendar (which is in full accordance with GTD), and work the rest out of next actions list.

What do you say?
I say that OmniFocus doesn't sync appointments at all, and that what it does sync it syncs as To Do entries, which makes it a bit awkward to use for planning your day. Also, your suggestion of how the flag is to be used is only one possible use. As I recall, one of the primary motivations of the sync to iCal feature was to make OmniFocus data available to mobile devices prior to the advent of iPhone syncing -- you remember those old coal-fired cell phones and PDAs, don't you? :-)

Given that the actions synced won't show up as blocks of time on your calendar, how would what you propose actually help you? Send your feature request to omnifocus@omnigroup.com, or use Help->Send Feedback. Those two mechanisms are the only guaranteed ways to have the Omni developers see your request and consider it.