View Single Post
I just have to say this:

If you've never owned an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, you'll never know what it's like to drink the Kool Aid.... I mean just try it for one week and you'll definitely see the endless posibilities. I got lucky. I was happy with my little ol' iPod classic and resisted an iPod touch. I knew there were many cool apps for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad users but I thought "eh.... I don't really care. I lived without it before. I can live without it now."

But when my sister gave me her old iPod touch after she upgraded to an iPhone, my viewpoint slowly changed.

OK, got an interesting app here and there. Before I realized it, I was slowly getting hooked on the app universe. OmniFocus for the iPhone/iPod touch definitely changed my GTD habits for executing/capturing. I still have my cellphone for its usual purpose. But adding an iPod touch made a world of difference.

The same thing happened with the iPad. Most people shrug and say they don't need an iPad. That is true. It's not necessary. But you will find reasons to use your iPad over time.

whpalmer4 is correct. The iPad is also an amazing companion. I keep an iPad in my messenger bag to keep my daughters busy and when I need to use it for those times when taking out the MacBook Pro is just too much of a hassle.

Maybe if you find a family relative, co-worker, or good friend who has a spare iPod touch, they'll let you try it for a week. Or try it out with a refurbished iPod touch. There are so many available on eBay and various online retailers. I've seen many iPhone/iPod touch users who upgrade to the current generation and they sometimes have an extra last generation iPod lying in a drawer.

I know I resisted an iPod touch for the longest time. But once I got one, I can't think of ever leaving the house without it. It complements my regular cellphone so that I wouldn't have to switch carriers/data plans.... I'll always have OmniFocus with me wherever I go. And OmniFocus iPad is totally gonna rock whenever it comes out.