View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbert View Post
I just don't want to give up on OW.
Me neither. It is so efficient on older machines. I imagine that it would "fly" on newer ones.

Quote:
It is still the best browser on OSX - in principle. Unfortunately the current version crashes far too often, thus I desparately wait for a new version.
Very stable here, on an old black Macbook. Which is your machine?

Quote:
Maybe we should set up a donation system via paypal through which we can collect money to allow developer allocation on OW at Omni? I'd be willing spend as much as I paid for OmniGraffle if I knew that there will be some progress within the next few months...

As mentioned earlier, I don't mind paying for a tool I use almost all day at work.
Well, I cannot pretend that I know how this business works, but years ago Omniweb was shareware. I am one of those who paid for it. So, perhaps Omni Group could consider going back to that model? Just a thought.

But please, whatever you do, don't let it die. OmniWeb, even after all these years of web browser development for the Macintosh, is simply the one with the best quality. It may have some small quirks here and there, easy to fix, but overall is second to none.