View Single Post
Hi Mark,

I'm set up nearly the same. I've got a GTD project with two action groups, one for the daily and one for the weekly review. Both are repeating groups (daily start 4pm, due 6pm and weekly start at sunday 4pm and due on monday 10am).

In the daily review group, there are
(1) Empty / process E-mail inbox
(2) Empty / process OmniFocus inbox
(3) Empty / process Voicemail
(4) Review calendar of today (as it's in the afternoon, it's the past day)
(5) (P)review calendar of tomorrow (for the hard landscape)
(6) Check action lists and flag actions that should and could be done the next day

For point (6) it's extremely important to know the time slots you'll have for doing and of course an estimate on time consumption of the actions. Usually there are a lot of booked times on your calendar and there's always someone bringing ad-hoc work into your life.

My weekly review is as well a more or less David Allen list.

Get Clear:
- Collect
- Brain sweep
- Empty / process E-mail inbox
- Empty / process OmniFocus inbox
- Empty / process Voicemail
get current:
- Review activities (as above)
- Review calendar of past week
- (P)review calendar of next week
- Review waiting for
- Review projects
Get creative:
- Review Sometimes Maybe
- Use the empty brain to create ideas

Of course, in my OmniFocus it's all in german, but that's not the point. With these recurring action groups, you can check them off one by one without "loosing" them. And they are only there when you need them (or triggering yourself to need them).
Especially when I have to postpone my weekly review to monday morning, I'm in the office and often need the checking off, because it takes some time and there are these ad-hoc guys again...

Or to be more precise: I think, you're on a good way...

Regards
Boris