View Single Post
First thing I gotta know is... how did you get those icons in your toolbar? Are they perspectives? I like how it creates a workflow for you. Very Cool.

Responses:
I use a context called process collection buckets to ensure I get all the stuff in my collection buckets into OF.

I also use start dates and the available filter to only show me tasks that are ready to be worked on. I use due dates to give me those cool tags. This helps me when I get interrupted. I return to OF and can start where I left off. I haven't lost my place in the processing.

For weekly review, I took the weekly review steps in GTD and made them into repeating tasks. In the note field I just typed out what was in GTD.

The one thing in your system I didn't see was using the OF review grouping. It has totally changed the way I review items. I can set some items to review sooner, like every week, and some to review less often, like every 3 months.

When I go through my reviewing... I select active projects, review all items in the past. You mark a project as reviewed by using the icon that looks like a stamp.

Then I select On Hold Projects (Someday/Maybe) and review all projects with a review date in the past.

I even use the review grouping for stalled projects. Although, to tell you the truth, I don't find as much value in the current implementation of stalled projects. In my mind, a stalled project should be any parent, not just projects, that doesn't have an uncompleted child. If a project or parent has no tasks to move it to completion, then it is stalled. A project is not stalled if it's tasks are in the future. But who am I to blow against the wind.