View Single Post
Thanks everyone for replying.

I'll look through the replies in detail tomorrow, as they look very useful, but I'm a bit short of time right now.

However, to answer one point quickly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean
First thing I gotta know is... how did you get those icons in your toolbar? Are they perspectives? I like how it creates a workflow for you. Very Cool.
It is pretty cool isn't it! Yes, they are perspectives. In my search for the perfect system, which inevitably came back to OF, I installed Ready-Set-Do!. It's a series of scripts, which are very very clever, but not for me so I uninstalled it.

One thing it does is create a series of folders on your machine, and give them custom icons. After removing it they were still there, so this is what I did (having first set up the perspectives):

Find a folder with an icon you like (also works with an app), right click on it or Cmd-I to bring up Get Info, and click on its icon in the info window. Hit Cmd-C to copy it.

Bring up the perspectives window in OF, select the perspective you want to give the icon you just copied to, and click on the large icon so it's highlighted in blue like below:

Hit Cmd-V to paste.

Now choose View-Customize Toolbar, and your perspectives will be there ready to drag onto the toolbar.

The only issue I'm finding is that OF 1.1 sometimes forgets the icons you've set, so don't lose the original source just in case. It's not happening often, and mostly when I instal a new build I think.

Note this is posted to let people know how to do this in principal using icons they own or which are free. I DON'T condone using copyrighted icons. I think I'm OK as these were just folder icons left behind after removing something, but it's up to you to be sure.

Last edited by MacBerry; 2008-08-18 at 10:13 AM..