Thread: Review?
View Single Post
The idea behind the review functionality is to allow you to do a regular check-in on the progress of your projects. If you're an adherent of Getting Things Done, you'll recognize this as the "weekly review" done at a per-project schedule.

The way I use it is to create a perspective that is only the right-hand pane (the left pane is completely closed; you can do this by double-clicking the thumb resizer between the two panes), and using the filter/view bar set to Next Review/Name/Available/Any/All.

Then I read through every available action/project that has a review date "within the next week" or earlier, and ensure that there are no open loops, possibly marking off stuff I've done but forgot to check off, dropping projects, etc. When I've reviewed an item, I mark it as "reviewed", and it goes away, showing up at a future (designated) time.

The biggest weaknesses with this are that it's very time intensive, and there's no way to show a subset of projects (e.g. active/pending/on-hold); either you review all, or you do multiple reviews.

Last edited by jasong; 2007-11-21 at 01:32 AM..