View Single Post
I have seen this for ages - way over a year - relatively consistantly and with 2 different iPhones and different MacBooks...

I have Bonjour based sync working fairly well.

However fairly often, I start up OmniFocus on the iPhone, and either just let it sync or force a sync, and you can see the WiFi icon on the top of the display wink out and be replaced with a mobile network connection (normally GPRS at this particular location).

Sometimes you can regain wifi by going to the prefs app and selecting the wifi network, often it appears that you have to kill OmniFocus off (at least in iOS 4), get wifi and then restart OmniFocus to get a successful sync attempt.

It really feels as though there is a correlation with OmniFocus and getting knocked off the network. Even more so there feels like a correlation between a second or subsequent sync session (ie after a weekend I tend to have changes on the phone, so I sync them back, do my weekly review etc, and then sync again) and this form of sync failure....

Other than this I have no problems with WiFi usage or with sync...

Oddly I tried using MobileMe sync for a while due to this, and I seem to get the same effect of knocking the phone off the WiFi network, but the sync still succeeds if somewhat slowly...

Sounds wacky, has anyone else seen this?

Nigel.