View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danz013 View Post
I was showing the program to someone yesterday and one of the things that put them of was the fact there is no way to see how much you have at a particular time.
It sounds like they are thinking of a calendar type application. GTD is generally not about appointments in a calendar.

Quote:
For example, imagine I've got a big project that needs doing in two weeks, how would I know when the best time is to pen this project in?
If the project can't be started until three days from now (perhaps the boss hasn't yet handed out the specs), you should set a start date. If the project absolutely needs to be done by a certain date, then enter a due date. Otherwise, don't bother with dates.

If you have to pick up a ticket from someone at 3:00pm on the 12th, then that should go in your calendar. If you have to pick up a ticket but it's not important exactly when, then that is something to add to your action list in OF. Usually, actions that you have in a project are done when you can. At times there are constraints as to when you can start and when they are due; that's when you use the start and due dates.

Quote:
I'm finding that I have more task on a particular day than I can handle because there is no easy way to see how much I have on.
Not quite sure what you mean here. Are you saying that on next Tuesday, say, you might have 15 things to do? Are you sure your tasks can't roll forward from one day to the next if you can't do them now?