View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummergirl View Post

My iPhone is doing the same thing. It says I suddenly have 70 tasks due, but only 7 show on my screen. I realize the others are hidden, but is there a purpose for showing the total number of actions due? It's just annoying (and overwhelming) when it's really only 7 "things" for me to do - one just happens to have a ton of child actions in the project (it's more of a checklist for a repeat action than a project).
How is OmniFocus supposed to know that for this one project, you don't want an accurate count of remaining items?

One approach some take is to not keep the checklist itself in OmniFocus, only a task to run the checklist. On the Mac, this is more convenient, to be sure.

Another approach that might work if you are confident that you will follow through would be to only put a due date on the first item in the checklist, and maybe the last, but not the project itself. That first action has to remind you that you need to do the checklist, and that you need to do it in a view where the actions will be presented in the correct order if it is sequential. The last one would just be a reminder that you need to finish the checklist by the due date.

Personally, I rather enjoy the times when the due soon counter gets to decrease rapidly!