View Single Post
I appreciate the nod to the temporary solution here, but I would argue against saying OF "supports" multiple DB's. It's obvious the current situation is not about multi-database functionality but is simply a back up system. I think the multi-file functionality is an important feature that should be added to make OF truly robust. For example: I use OF for both business and personal use (yes, I have read the comments about why this shouldn't be an issue and they aren't well thought out). I work with volunteers and staff and, yes, from my perspective I would love to see MY tasks in one file for both biz and personal projects. However, when I'm assigning tasks to others (using contexts as people names--another feature request issue), I can't share the file with them without them seeing all my personal to-do's. As of now, I print out a copy of my work context, which as been working but is not interactive or efficient. If I could have separate files, with full functionality, I could have a home and work database and the work file could be shared by all my employees, which could be synced and have Quick Entry, etc. A more complex solution (but necessary in collaborative environments where Omni solutions are deployed?) would be user accounts for a file. Permissions could be assigned based on Project or Context and managed by a main administrator (the owner of the file). Or, better yet, go web-based. This seems ridiculously simple, most of the export functionality is already there with the export to HTML feature. Let a user sign in to the web solution or give OF an account feature (like Mail, FileMaker, etc.) to access local or remote DB's. Omni, you guys would own the market with these features.

Oh, yeah, this goes for OmniPlan, too. I love the program, but somehow there needs to be a marriage (or link??) between 'Plan and 'Focus. Different forum.