View Single Post
Tredlite, this sounds like we're able to see your Mac's database via Bonjour, but for some reason, we're not able to pull the data from it.

I remember that the support ninjas have helped folks with this problem, but I can't remember what causes it or the solution. If you contact them, they can help you: make sure to mention this forum thread in your email.

Okay, I grabbed one of the ninjas before they went home. This usually happens because
  1. The Mac expects one password for your database, but the phone has a different one saved to the keychain. Contact the support ninjas for help with this one.
  2. There's a specific bug in some releases of OmniFocus that happens on 10.4; if you're using that version of the OS, make sure you're running the build of OmniFocus that we released yesterday.
  3. Can be caused by the Firewall settings (which are in the security pane of system preferences) on the Mac. How to fix this depends on what version of the OS that you have installed. If you don't know what Firewall settings to choose, contact the support ninjas and they can help.
  4. If the wireless network the Mac is on changes while OmniFocus is running, the Bonjour server can get confused. Restarting OmniFocus on the Mac and iPhone, then trying again, can sometimes help.

You're absolutely right; the FAQs and some of the troubleshooting guides need some love. One of my ongoing projects is the process of combining threads, cleaning stuff up, and updating those items.

Right now, I'm going to edit the title of this thread to try and make it more find-able for other folks with this problem. I'll make sure it gets added to the FAQ as well.