View Single Post
New to the conversation literally and figuratively. Check out a web-app called Dedoose at: http://www.dedoose.com

Full disclosure, I am part of the team that designed and is developing this tool. As a research psychologist at UCLA who works with scientists in other disciplines, we needed something to manage and analyze the data from our growing number of qualitative and mixed methods projects. Didn't need all the bells and whistles in programs like NUDIST (dating myself?), MaxQDA, or Atlas.ti. We needed it to be simple, inexpensive, and intuitive, for multiple platforms and geographically distributed teams, and needed it to easily integrate the qualitative and quantitative data we were working with. So, we built a tool called EthnoNotes for ourselves and then the many users who heard and followed.

Technologies have changed (a lot) since EthnoNotes was first designed and we found that lots of people liked what EthnoNotes offered, so we got it together about 2 years ago and started building Dedoose.

Dedoose is in final beta-testing and many of our EthnoNotes users have already migrated over. It blows EthnoNotes away and, from what I'm reading in this forum, is designed to solve most of what people are asking for.