View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchit View Post
I've had OF iPad for a couple of weeks but still trying to get my head around ways to really use it as a useful tool. Today I wanted to check something in a specific Project, one of hundreds nested within folders my Projects, so I used Search to find it and it came up quickly in the list of found items. However, there seems to be no way to then select that Project to work on it. Touching the item in the list produces a dialogue box that allows you to edit the name and other aspects of the Project in the same way as the Inspector in OF for Mac, but there seems to be no way to "launch" that Project... ie, to make it a focused search.
After you get the list of results, tap and hold on the desired one to get a popup menu. Choose Focus.
Quote:
Using Search to find a specific Context is worse... it doesn't seem to recognise Contexts at all.
The only option to find them is to finger scroll through endless data.
Am I missing something?
You don't have an endless list of contexts, do you? Tap Contexts in the sidebar, then tap the > button at the end of the line. This should give you a list of all of your top-level contexts in the sidebar. If you need to drill into one of those, tap the > button at the end of the appropriate line.

Another option: search for something you know is in the target context. When you find it, tap it once to bring up the editor, tap the Info button (if necessary), tap the Go to Context button.