View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb View Post
More to the problem at hand: what unique feature of OO is critical to your workflow?
- Project outlines typically include Points of Contact, Request for Quote, Scope of Work, Policies, and other elements that I hoist, convert to PDF, and email to contractors.

- Outlines sometimes contain two columns.

- Different formatting depending upon row level isn't, strictly speaking, critical to my workflow, but certainly makes the outlines easier to read and manage, and makes the aforementioned PDFs look more professional. The logo in the header is also important for professional communication.

- I pull emails, diagrams, and downloads into OO outlines. Theoretically, I could do this with OF, but it isn't as handy.

- I've purchased OO for the relevant people in my department. The ability to share and edit project files provides a modest collaboration capability.

Now turn the question around. What features of OF are critical? Syncing is important, but I need access from my iPhone. It's already pretty slow to sync with just the action items in the database. I'm pretty sure it would go belly up if I tried to pull in an entire OO project outline. And I don't typically need to see the entire outline when I'm on the move. So I definitely see the need for two distinct tools. I just wish that they could talk to each other.