View Single Post
I was curious if there is any plans for OF for iPhone to access any of the iPhone's phone functionality, specifically outputing audio/vibrating?

The thought first occurred to me when I found myself wanting to be reminded of a specific action at a specific time. I thought it would be convenient if I didn't have to leave OF and go into the Clock App and set an alarm (sorry but I don't use iCal at the moment, perhaps this can be accomplished there).

Ideally, I think it would be great if OF could use the iPhone's vibrate/ringer as a time-based notification system - seems like this additional functionality would really add another layer to the OF user experience.

Full disclosure, I am a novice OF desktop user and currently only own an iPod Touch. I will be buying an iPhone 3G within the next month (stock permitting) and with it OF for the iPhone.

Additional newbie question: Are phone numbers in OF automatically tied into the iPhone's calling ability?...If "Call Jim, 123-456-7890" was listed as an action would it be intelligently identified and able to be dialed by tapping on it?

Thanks and my apologies in advance if this has been discussed previously, my forum searching found nothing.