View Single Post
Ah, I see what you want to do, you want to drag actions from the right into containers on the left. No, that's not supported, and frankly, I'm skeptical that it would work very well, in general. Once you have more projects or contexts than fit in the sidebar at once, you are better off using the smart match feature in the popup editor. You just type a few characters (not necessarily contiguous ones, the first character of each word often works well) and the list is rapidly winnowed down. I've got > 600 active projects, but can rapidly get to any of them with 2-6 characters.

Dragging and dropping into the sidebar would be a nightmare for me — I don't even do it on the Mac with OF occupying all of a 27" screen. If everything is going to the same place then it might not be so bad for a more typical database, but I rarely find that to be the case except when I'm initially creating the project, and in that case, it is even more efficient to just create the project, then populate the actions with the + from inside the project, which saves the step of specifying the project.

There's still plenty of room for improvement, but a number of these choices that seem counter-intuitive at first actually wear pretty well. In my opinion, there are plenty of task managers which look pretty but aren't suited to large workloads; OmniFocus may not win the 5 minute beauty contest, but scales much better. It's worth convincing yourself of its suitability early on, as they offer a 30-day money back guarantee (yes, even though you bought it through the App Store) if ultimately you decide it isn't going to work for you.