View Single Post
yes I agree Matt. I hope that OmniFocus 2 will add the much needed forecast view and maybe a monthly calendar view to get a longer view (more than 1 week).

But sometimes we need an array of tools to get the job done.

My utopian world would be to have OmniFocus include a contact manager included. This would give me the ability to look at a contact in an Address Book user interface and see all the tasks assigned to that person. I can also connect to notes, conversations, and history.

Then I can look at the calendar view and get a closer look at my own workload for the day or week.

I thought Daylite 4 would offer that. But it's still buggy. SOHO Organizer has been an absolute dog in terms of performance and stability.

OmniFocus for the iPad kind of helps with its forecast view

Maybe BusyCal might be an option? You can see set BusyCal to view tasks directly on a calendar instead of on a list placed on the right.

I can go to month view and see that there are 3 tasks on Monday, none on Tuesday, and four on Wednesday. This might be able to help you see where your workload is.

I used to use BusyCal to schedule my tasks around. But now I've kept tasks out of BusyCal and back into OmniFocus. BusyCal doesn't have the concept of projects so it makes things a little harder.

But you might be able to tweak BusyCal and OmniFocus to work together. I haven't really tried. But BusyCal is available as a demo to try out.

I don't really like to schedule tasks - mostly block out a time that I deemed as closed because I intend to sit down and work on my tasks. My colleagues know that I've blocked off my Monday and Wednesday afternoons for my project work and not bother me with "emergencies."