View Single Post
I just purchased OG Standard 5.2. On my first job, I've imported a PDF file containing a floor plan and assigned it as layer 1. Then, I selected a new layer as layer 2 so I can show furniture and other furnishings in their planned locations. I want to draw a simple arrow that starts in the middle of a hallway and either curves or turns at a right angle to indicate a designated doorway. Using the line tool, I drew the line with a right angle and managed to get the arrow on the correct end. I thought it was odd that the line insisted on originating in the center of the canvas, but it became even more strange when I tried to drag the arrow to the desired location. The arrow was unmanageable. I tried to rotate it, but the arrowhead kept flipping into different positions. When I tried to flip it using the Geometry Inspector, it didn't flip in the expected way. I still can't get it placed correctly. To make sure I hadn't lost my mind, I opened InDesign and drew the desired arrow and placed it wherever I wanted on the page in a matter of 15 seconds. Returning to OG, I locked layer 1 to make sure I wasn't complicating things by having more than one active layer, but the problem persists. I have used OG in the past. I like many of its features, but this line business is baffling. Can anyone tell from this story what I'm doing wrong? Dragging a simple arrow to a desired location should not be this hard.