View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Isn't what you are asking for equivalent to saying you want badges only to be shown on arbitrary contexts or projects? Also, are you referring to the badge on the app icon, or the badges on the main screen of the application? You do have some control over the former, but only which types of items (overdue, due soon, etc.) are counted, not enough specificity to do what you ask.
I guess what I'm saying is: In OF application on my MacBook, I've customized my "DUE" and "DUE RADAR" perspectives so that it doesn't show teammate actions. I would like this customized view to synchronize to the iPhone so that on my iPhone I don't see those actions there either.

Right now, it DOES show those actions AND it shows badge numbers for the late ones (as it should).

So my thinking is it can be solved a few ways:

1) When one customizes the "Due" perspective in OF on Macbook (for example, exclude certain contexts), those customizations get synchronized to the OF on iPhone and the iPhone's "Due Soon" perspective reflects that.

Or

2) There's a way to customize the built-in perspectives (eg., Due Soon) on OF for iPhone (to exclude certain contexts) in the same way we can do for OF for Macbook.

Or

3) There's another way that this Newbie hasn't thought of or discovered. :)

My understanding is that #1 and #2 aren't possible right now, and #3 doesn't exist. But I thought I would check with the experts before giving up. ;)

Quote:
The easiest thing might just be to pitch in and help your team meet those deadlines before they turn into ugly red numbers on your screen :)
Yeah - I of course help where I can. But I'm not the direct manager of some of these teammates but have been designated "project tracker" by the CEO. So since they don't rollup to me (and don't affect my own tasks and projects), I'd like for my iPhone Due Soon list and the corresponding badge counts to reflect only MY stuff.

I of course try to help everyone meet their due dates as much as possible. ;)

Hope that makes sense.