View Single Post
I did buy the app unseen, trusting in my experience with previous Omni products (I'm not close to an Apple store and, heck, I got my iPad from the US before they were available here).

I am finding the app useful and my workflow, typically, would start on the iPad and then migrate to the desktop version. I find the accuracy point is less of an issue in this way and the alignment features make things precise (if not accurate). I fix things up, if I need to, on desktop.

I still don't quite "think in Omnigraffle" on the iPad like I do on the Mac, but that takes time.

My two frustrations are really frustrations with how iOS works:

1. Syncing between my mac and the iPad isn't ideal and requires a cable. I would prefer it worked like OmniFocus does.

2. Sharing between apps. This was much less of an issue with the iPhone, but as the iPad is moving into productivity (i.e. more serious potential for content creation), there needs to be a better way to take omnigraffle images into Pages or Keynote instead of exporting to iPhoto.

Neither of these are Omni's fault, but they definitely hamper my experience with the app.

Hope that helps.

-- Morgan