View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ltr View Post
ummmm... most calendars have options for "all day" events.

Have you even read GTD? DA specifically talks about using "day-specific" information and reminders and to not make them "time-specific".

and yes, this forum is for discussion on Omnifocus. And Omnifocus is based on GTD principles, so I think it's very relevant.
Correct. And when do you actually see the due time on a task? I never see it! I see the due date. I know it's due today, but I don't really know or care about the time. The time is simply when it turns from orange to red. This is date specific. I never (well, VERY rarely) use a time when I set a due date for a task. You can also set the default time to 12:01 AM if you want and never type a time again.

You are confusing the fact that in OF you CAN set and use the due time, or you can ignore the specific time. As I stated before, task management software is going to have to pick an actual time when a task becomes overdue. Whether or not you are able to pick that time (as you can with OmniFocus), or are unable to pick that time (as with Things, where it automatically chooses 12 AM) is really immaterial.