View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ltr View Post
ummmm... most calendars have options for "all day" events.

Have you even read GTD? DA specifically talks about using "day-specific" information and reminders and to not make them "time-specific".

and yes, this forum is for discussion on Omnifocus. And Omnifocus is based on GTD principles, so I think it's very relevant.
I have read GTD - many times. On page 35, it states:

"To manage actionable things, you will need a list of projects, storage or files for project plans and materials, a calendar, a list of reminders of next actions, and a list of reminders of things you're waiting for."

On page 39, it states:

"Three things go on your calendar:
  • time-specific actions;
  • day-specific actions; and
  • day-specific information.

OF is several of those things, but it is not a calendar. The fact that it syncs with iCal does not make it a calendar. Since it is not a calendar, it does not need to specify "day-specific actions." It DOES allow you to specify due date and due time. If you want to specify a day-specific action, then 11:59 pm is the obvious time for that day-specific action. You can set the default due time in the Preferences. I happen to set the default at 5:00 pm, like CatOne. But if the day-specific actions are important to you, and you don't want to put them on a calendar like David Allen suggests, then set the default to 11:59 pm and you will have your "day-specific" actions. Or else find another app - one that is actually a calendar.

Last edited by dpvanwormer; 2009-12-26 at 10:30 PM..