View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrichardson
Couple of things I've thought of after dinking around for a while:

2. I'd like to be able to use keyboard combos to zoom in and out and zoom to fit...
+1 :)

Quote:
3. I'd like a "jump to today" capability, like cmd-T in Entourage. Also some keyboard commands to page sideways would be great, or just allowing the use of the spacebar as a grab hand, like in any graphics app.
Absolutely agree with all of those, esp. the space-bar Hand tool, tho side-scrolling via the trackpad and scroll-wheel is also good.

One option might be that when the cursor is over the Gantt chart the arrow keys could scroll sideways, or there could simply be a direct menu shortcut for scrolling in increments of the current scale.

Another important addition would be scrolling to show Gantt bars, when the active selection is in the Task pane, scrolling vertically through the list. As the selection switches to an item whose Gantt chart bar is out of the current Gantt pane view, the item would be scrolled into view.

Quote:
4. I'd like a way to easily and clearly tell when I'm in the past... For example:
I couldn't agree more strongly, and your mock-up shows why it's necessary, it removes ambiguity from progress against actual time, and provides valuable 'at a glance' info (tho it mightn't need to be quite so strong.) ;)

I might go for a light grey overlay atop what ever background colour/image the user specified.

Last edited by marc; 2006-08-02 at 08:17 AM..