View Single Post
Still another one with what appears to be the same issue, but the sticky isn't resolving things for me.

I have two Macs and an iPhone, and my primary mac has 4 items in the Inbox (a couple added for testing purposes), and the other Mac/iPhone won't pick those items up.

Curiously, shifting to Bonjour, as someone else suggested, likewise didn't pick up the additional items in the Inbox, so this may be a different cause, though the effect is the same: I can't sync anything.

On iPhone, when I launch it, it creates a new, empty database, which I then set to sync, using the Server copy. At some point (seemingly after it syncs), the app crashes, and upon relaunch, it still contains the "old" version of the database (i.e. missing items in the inbox).

On the other Mac, I replace the database with the Bonjour-sync'd version and the additional items still don't appear.

At various times from various machines, I get errors like

Unable to synchronize database with server.
Cannot synchronize.
Client with identifier fIaV6aE33nD only refers to identifiers that are not locally reachable.

If I try adding an item to iPhone, I get an "unable to synchronize database with server. Unable to rad document. No root transactions found in..." etc. Canceling, quitting and restarting results in a new empty database, and round we go.

Curiously, rebuilding the "master" database, deleted those new items from the inbox. In fact, if I turn off sync, add a new item, quit OF (the item's still there) then "rebuild" the database, that item's now gone.

This is, as you can no doubt guess, rather frustrating, and I fear for my thousands of items. I have many previous backups, though it's worrisome that the more recent backups all are zero KB.

I need a guaranteed foolproof way to ensure my data is safe, at this point, and then I can worry about syncing.