View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
(If I'm understanding you right) you're missing the fact that an action group within a sequential project can be set to be parallel. In fact, changing from sequential to parallel (or vice versa) is really the main reason for action groups to exist.
hey craig, no, i do understand that an embedded action group can be parallel. i was just getting hung up on the actual term 'next actions' in cases where there were two or more actions that could both be 'next actions' but only the one that happened to be on top was chosen. i was imagining something like a SAL as a step in a sequential project so that all the actions would show up. as it turns out, however, this is exactly how it works when in 'available' mode instead of 'next action'. i just got distracted by the semantics of it all.

all said though, i did end up finding a nice little workflow that did alowed me to utilize a SAL as a step in a sequential project so that multiple actions would indeed show up in the 'next action' mode. so maybe i will be able to find a creative way to use 'available' or 'next action' that will make it give me a little extra value.

thx for the reply