View Single Post
Quote:
Brian was just giving you a somewhat more general answer regarding perspective sync.
Brian is always awesome...and has regularly saved me much pain. I just wasn't sure whether my initial post was clear. I'm often guilty of talking quite a bit and not really saying much.

Quote:
It's a little bit tricky, because while one probably wants the same settings for keyboard shortcuts and that sort of thing, it isn't necessarily the case that one would want identical toolbars on different machines. A full-screen window on my 27" iMac has a lot more room for toolbar buttons than our 11" MacBook Air offers.
Good point...I hadn't really thought of that. I like your idea of making an OF action to change the other machines configuration...and then I can tweak it as needed secondary to screen size.

Quote:
And, there's some data stored in the preferences file that only applies to that client regarding syncing
Also an important point I wasn't aware of...and extremely important regarding this thread.

I'll stick to your method of keeping my different Macs OF configurations similar.

Thanks...Brett