View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I understand your frustration, but I don't think anyone has asserted that calendars are evil. :-)
While evil is to stong a word, there is a strong ethos in GTD that part of the task management problem has been people using Calendars to manage tasks.

As you see from my later posts, when we drifted from my original question, I think that at some stage soft landscape tasks should become hard landscape "events" or they never get done.

But I wasn't looking for calendar integration, and Omnifocus almost does what I want.

All that is missing is a mechanism to automatically display the total time commitments within each month. Then being able to drag tasks between months to better balance the task commitments with the time available.

As suggested in the thread you pointed to, which I hadn't found during a search either, I will post this suggestion to omnifocus@omnigroup.com .

However, I know from years of looking for this feature that avoiding over committing seems to be something that few seem concerned about.

Maybe its my back ground in consultancy where your staff manage their own time/projects and only come to you when they don't know what to do because they suddenly realise they have so much work on that they cannot possibly meet their deadlines, that makes me so interested.

Graham