View Single Post
Apologies in advance if this has been covered somewhere...I did a search but couldn't find anything.

I use OmniPlan as a personal project management tool. Thus, I am the only resource. The two questions I have are:

1) Is there a way to set a preference so that new tasks automatically default to TODAY rather than the first day of the project file? The reason is that I am using one larger file called Personal Projects.omniplan to track multiple projects since there isn't a way to track resources across multiple files. So when I add new tasks, they always default to 1/10/08, the start date of the project file rather than today.

2) I use RESCHEDULE and LEVEL daily to bring my projects/to-do lists to-date so that I can see what I have to work on today. When I use RESCHEDULE, it defaults to tomorrow's date so I have to manually type today's date. When I use LEVEL with "DON'T SCHEDULE ANY TASK BEFORE DATE:" it also defaults to tomorrow's date. Is there any way to change the default date to today?

I'm not sure if I have missed these preferences somewhere or if they are even valid concerns. Am I approaching the use of this software in the incorrect way?

Thanks in advance!