Thread: Cleanup help
View Single Post
I usually enter my actions in project view or the Inbox, but I recently had this happen also when I was in a custom perspective. The settings were: context view mode, no focus, active, flagged, due, available, any, any. This perspective shows all of my available actions, separated by Flagged first and Unflagged second. Within each section, the tasks are sorted by due date first (most overdue or closest to being due first) followed by tasks without due dates (which are further sorted by project).

First, no matter where I am in the list with a highlighted line, when I select "Add Action" the new line is entered at the very bottom of the list. Then, after I enter the task information - if I flag the task, it immediately jumps to the bottom of the Flagged section at the top of the list. If I select a project, it immediately jumps where other available tasks in that project are in the unflagged section (since I didn't have a chance to flag it). If I select a start date or due date, the task does not move immediately, but may move when another task moves.

It appears to me that if the attribute I attach to the task is sortable or filtered in that perspective/view, then the task moves. There seems to be no "clean up" function for new tasks in these views.