View Single Post
I use the following for projects:

Work (currently 41, all pretty outcome focused although I need to stay on top of that)

Home (currently 43 projects).

Need Refining (currently 3 projects)

Someday/Maybe (which is pretty large, 90 or so loosely defined projects)

Tasks (for single items) (Currently 39 items)

Without trying, I think this puts me right in the DA ballpark for projects and next actions.

This setup works ok, though sometimes I have difficulty finding a specific project quickly (to add an item).

For contexts, I have the usual:

Home

Calls

Computer

Errands (I use this for ones and twos. I have a separate grocery list system)

One work office

2nd Work Office

Generic Waiting for with 8 sub contexts for specific people

Agendas (no generic) with 17 sub contexts for specific people or meetings (ie staff meeting)

Weekly Review (which has one item that might be moved to a WR List)

Someday/Maybe (for someday maybe projects that I have fleshed out a bit but don't want the items appearing in any context yet)

I have also created perspectives that put a bunch of contexts together if I want (One that combines Office, Calls and Computer, for example; or one for my biweekly boss meeting with Waiting for (him), Agenda for (him) and Flagged Projects to keep him up to date on).

I find I do a fair number of adding stuff to lists outside the weekly review. If I have the chance, I try to do the first three steps at once (collect, process and organize). I don't force myself to do it, but sometimes it is pretty easy.

Randy