Thread: Critical Path
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBerry View Post
I've created a project with two resources (well, two that are relevant here). The first is available to work to the project normal work week, but the second is only available on specific dates.

I've set up a work schedule for the second resource making them available only on the known dates.

I've then allocated tasks to the resources, and set up dependancies, so that resource one must complete their task before resource two can start their first one, on the first three days they are available, their second task on the next available day (and dependant of completion of their first task), and their third on the final 3 days they are available (dependant on task two).

However, the critical path is not displaying correctly, taking no account of the fact that if any of the tasks listed above moves, so will the end date, because even though there are days between each task, there are NOT available days between them for the resources involved:

I'm thinking maybe this is because I set start and end dates and times manually for each task, but those times match the work schedules, and so the critical path is still the same.

OK, so "Penetrate roof and mount coolers" could have completed two days later without affecting "Electrical and plumbing phase 1", but a) the fact it's completed maybe should bring it into the critical path (?), and even if not, surely the critical path should at least extend back to "Electrical and plumbing phase 1"?

Any ideas?
Hi MacBerry,

Are you still having problems with the critical path on this project? If so, could you send it in to omniplan@omnigroup.com for us to check it our directly?