View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkoffel
Don't forget Liz, there are sequential and parallel projects. Maybe setting your "Mac Maintenance" project to a parallel project would help some of the confusion here?
Afraid not.

Let's say I have 20 items in my parallel Household Mac Maintenance ongoing Project. They are spread over 2 computers, with some weekly repeaters, some monthly repeaters, and some one-shot items. The one-shots have no due date, they are "when I get around to them" things.

If a Weekly task is at the top of the queue, it is my NA. When I check it off, next week's task appears further down the queue, after my one-shots and any earlier repeaters. Eventually, all my one-shots are at the top of the queue -- if I don't / can't do them, I'll never see a repeater as the NA.

Available shows me every task without a due date -- almost all of my future tasks except repeaters. This is too many to look at on a daily basis.

Flagging or metadata could work, but I'd need to be able to set "show me all my NAs AND all future flagged items. I can't do this now.

--Liz