View Single Post
I have had it for a few weeks now. I think it has the potential to be a useful app, but I am still quite slow with it and it takes a long time for me to create a relatively complex diagram. I am not sure if this is just because I am slow or because the interface needs to be improved. I find that I don't use it as much as I had anticipated because of this - I wanted it to be something that I could rapidly work up simple wireframes and diagrams in brainstorming mode.

From this experience, I am still of the opinion that $50 is way too much, because the functionality and speed of creation is quite limiting. I think $20 would be the perfect price point, because this is a more specialized piece of software that should be more than the standard apps, but it would still provide a lot of value for the price. I think it needs to be evaluated as an app on its own and not compared to the price of the Mac version. At $50 I am feeling a little bit of buyer's remorse because honestly I don't feel like I am getting the money's worth, especially when you consider that there are other wire framing apps in the $10 range, but I think I will keep it and hope that Omni improves it with the next versions.

It still seems like they are approaching this like desktop software and not an app - the pricing is a huge issue and I think they would both make more money and sell a lot more if they lowered it. And people would feel a lot better about the value of their purchase.