View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonEngblom View Post
There is a reason why people want a beautiful car rather than a ugly one even both of them will take you from point A to point B.
I absolutely agree. Design is extremely important, not just in the way the app looks, but in how it works. This quote from Steve Jobs really drives it home:
Most people make the mistake of thinking design is what it looks like. People think it's this veneer -- that the designers are handed this box and told, 'Make it look good!' That's not what we think design is. It's not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonEngblom View Post
People who don't want to improve when it comes to design are the same type of people who think "it should be as it always have been..." and "it was better in the old days.."

BORING!

There is a strong reason why Apple, Newspapers and many more invest in improving design ALL THE TIME.
But I don't think anyone in this thread is arguing for OmniFocus to stay the same. The Omni Group certainly hasn't taken that position.

So who are these elusive "it should be as it always have been..." and "it was better in the old days.." strawmen?

I think the opposition in this thread is merely saying that OmniFocus, as it is today, is pretty good, especially if you tweak the style preferences (functionality sorely missing in the competition). But there's still room for improvement, of course.

Considering that, what I'd still like to see are some concrete suggestions from all the UI designers in this forum. It sounds like we've got a lot of knowledge and experience to draw on. But other than RobTrew, few have offered solutions, only criticisms.

-Dennis